Who CCS are and what motivates us?
Founded as a charitable company in 1992 Christ Church Community Services (CCS) developed naturally from the volunteer outreach projects originally set up and run by Christ Church C of E.
- We operate in accordance with our inherited Christian ethics and values and aim to create a safe and secure environment for those members of the local community, and beyond, who utilise the services provided by CCS
- we respect people of all faiths and persuasions
- we value our customers and seek to serve them in a courteous and welcoming manner
- our aim is to provide access to practical relief, education and the promotion of positive lifestyle activities for the benefit of the local community often working in partnership with other organisations who share our “servants heart” approach to meeting the needs of the local community
- We adhere strictly to all legislative policies that relate to the safety and well-being of all customers and visitors to CCS sites including safeguarding protocols for the protection of children and vulnerable adults in a contractual agreement
- We ensure that all users of the facilities have the appropriate background checks and insurance in place and that the activities planned are suitable for the venue and in keeping with the values and ethics that we as an organisation uphold and promote
CCS currently runs the following projects;
- Early Learning Dept which comprises both an independent 2 years setting and a Pre-School for ages 3-5
- The Key Centre where we host fully funded Adult Learning Courses and also rent out room facilities to organisations and members of the public
- Todz our retail outlet catering for the essentials for babies and young children
- Furniture store where we sell competitively priced second-hand furniture (as well as donating furniture where appropriate) and from where we run a home removals service
we are a registered charity (1025815) and a registered company (2848020)
See the individual project pages on this website for more details on each outreach project